- The steam deck I got was the 512GB version.
- It came with a hard case, microfiber cloth, a charger and a pouch bag for the charger.
I played several games on it and I noticed that it’s easier decision to buy a game after I got it.
- Portal 2
- The witcher 3
- Dead cells
- Cup head
- Vampire surivors
- Yakuza 0
Material and build quality feels very good. it also feels good in the hand more like a PS4 controller feeling than xbox controller.
- Some games really get on it’s nerves, the witcher 3 for example. the fan kicks in after couple minutes of gameplay
- Some games plays really smooth and doesn’t make it sweat. Dead cells for example.
- I tried to install an epic game from the desktop mode “Nioh” and it struggled with it and the experience awful it didn’t regognize the correct controller layout even. so I stuck to steam games.
- I got to install google chrome and play youtube videos which were cool.
Game library ¶
It felt good that I got a game on steam deck and also played it on my PC. I got TMNT and then found that it can be played split screen so it felt good that I could just run the same game with the same save history to let my wife join on a bigger screen.
- On 4 February 2023 the device audio sounded weird after exiting Skyrim. I restarted it and it got stuck on the logo after booting. the recovery system can’t start too.
- I contacted Steam support, the helped with troubleshooting
- The first troubleshooting was to try to get into BIOS by powering on + pressing the volume up (+) and that works but still didn’t solve the problem
- The second step was to put it in “Battery shipping mode” from the BIOS power menu and leave it a couple of minutes and then connect it to power. that solved the issue.