Thursday 19 January 2023
Check list for code review
Basic checks ¶
- Does it work?
- Does it fullfill all functional and non functional requirements?
- Does it consider edge cases?
- Is it protected against incorrect input?
- PR not too big
- Solves one problem
- Links to a ticket or design document
- Does it change existing user API/interface
- does it return different results
- does it change input or types
- Does it add dependency?
- is it really needed/how much of it is needed?
- is it reviewed for license?
- is it reviewed for security?
- New environment variables added to all environments
- Make sure queries use proper indexes
- Review any migration with strong migrations guidelines
Non functional ¶
- Problem description
- Solution description
New Feature ¶
- Consider scalability
- Consider effeciency
- Monitored for success and failures
- Alerts setup for SLA failure
- Inform any downstream team
- Inform any technical stakeholder
- Technical documentation updated
- Runbook updated
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- CI and checks are passing